Wednesday 15 August 2012

Tokyo : Part One ♡

So I'm finally back from the what was like my ultimate dreamworld !!! (sorry for lack of blogging recently) Tokyo was ahhhh-mazing, everything I ever imagined it to be and more and me & Craig were both pretty sad to be leaving! (already thinking about our next trip!)

There was so much creative inspiration and beautiful places and things, and such a magical happy feeling everywhere, everyone we met was so super friendly and helpful, and the places we discovered were continually breathtaking, Tokyo I loooove you! Here's some of my favourite bits :)

Flying through the sunset on the plane ride out...a complete sea of pastel pink and mint green <3
In the first few days we explored the area we were staying - near Tokyo station, and discovered character street, an incredible street with a shop for every cute character in Japan (AMAZING), there was a Rilakkuma, Hello Kitty, Studio Ghibli.....if you get excited by such cute things like I do it was a major overdose <3, then our first proper exploring place..Harajuku, 
A maze of cute little streets, shops, very cute things and a sea of pink *wahh* <3
Here's a super cute little gallery we found which had lychee drinks and pastel pink graffiti.. 


One of my absolute favourite shops, which if your going to Tokyo you absolutely HAVE to visit was Kiddyland, floor upon floor of amazing adorable toys and treats....Blythe, disney, pastels, cuteness...all in one building....<3 A wall of Blythe I was faced with....(not sure how I coped)...more Blythe related posting will be following!...


One of my favourite things about Harajuku was just the wondering not sure what gems we'd find, there were shops that were something straight from the set of Virgin Suicides and just pink and pastel prettyness everywhere <3 Here's some cute snippets...


Not far down the road in Ometosando was an exhibition by one of my absolute favourites, Pip & Pop, you can't get more dreamy fairytaleland pastel than this <3 *wahhhh*...


Another incredible toy shop...so packed you could hardly move and about 7 floors high, just a mass of rainbow and sparkles <3...


A cat cafe in Shinjuku, something I'd always wanted to try, there were around 50 breeds of pedigree kitties who come and hang with you while you drink your soya latte <3, some of them were so super cuddly and being the huge cat fanatic I am it was amazing to see so many! The cute little Birman (left) was my fav, he was just so content and cute lolling about :)


Sofia Coppola is probably my main creative inspiration so visiting the New York Bar in Park Hyatt was probably one of the most exciting things we did, pretending we were in Lost in Translation looking at a super beautiful Tokyo skyline and drinking lavender gin...and then...Sofia Coppola Rose! Definitely worth a visit! If you go before sunset (around late afternoon) you don't pay to reserve a table although the drinks are pricey, the magical feeling and the enchanting view of Tokyo skyline is like nothing I've ever seen!..this was my lavender syrup gin....


Part of the view...


Part two will be coming soon! Thinking of starting another little blog with my ideas on a Tokyo guide, what do you lovelies think? Hope everyones having a wonderful week! Lots of Love x x x x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...